HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Friday, July 09, 2010

She’s Been Published!!

100_2315com

Back in February Lucy spent some of her birthday money to buy a Wiggles magazine
She decided to do a drawing of Dorothy the Dinosaur and together we typed up a letter and emailed it to Dorothy

Lucy's Wiggle Drawing

This week Lucy received a lovely letter back from Dorothy along with some decal stickers (which are now all over Lucy’s bedroom wall) and a copy of the magazine which contains Lucy’s drawing and letter (you can see it in the magazine, its the part in pink!!)
She was over the moon!!
She has taken the magazine and letter along for show and tell at kinder today :)
Loved her drawing then and love it now :)
PS:
This is what we wrote to Dorothy:

“Dear Dorothy
Hi! My name is Lucy and I just turned 5. For my birthday my Great Grandpa gave me some money. My Mummy and I went shopping and I bought the wiggle magazine and wanted to send you a picture I drew. The drawing is of you holding balloons. I like the colour pink and think you do too. I have 3 big sisters and wonder if you have any sisters (They edited this bit in the magazine). My Grandma has a rose garden and we all like to make Rosie Tea when we go visit her.

We also love watching the Wiggles when it is on tv and I love to dance and sing to all the songs. It’s fun.

Love from Lucy”

Dorothy replied saying yes she loved pink
Lucy loved that part of the letter :)

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Lucy!! That is AWESOME!!! And how sweet of Dorothy to write her back! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lucy - that is a great picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting....BIG CONGRATS LUCY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)