HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We Always Leave A Seat Open For You

Have you seen the new challenge site Once Upon A Sketch?
I found the sketch great and easy to twist to my own interpretation

100_4362

Megan returned from school camp yesterday
Tired and wet
Before she left she talked about being nervous but didn’t know why
While she was away  all I wanted to do was ring her and make sure she was ok, knowing she would be but…
you know…
So yesterday, when I started this page, I put it all down on the page

100_4363

100_4364

I used a photo from last year

100_4365

but it is a photo that has always tugged on my heart strings
I have since put this page away, in an album out of sight, because I know that Megan, if she read it now,
would take it all to heart and stress about going away
Stress that I would worry etc etc
She doesn't need to know all of this now, later yes, now no.
So for now it’s away

100_4366

Today the rain stopped for a while
It’s still cold and there is rain expected for the rest of the week
I think we are definitely on our way towards winter

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. OMG this is so striking...totally awesome ..... you are rockin' girl!!!!!hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to your journalling!
    Beautiful work...love the paint effect, amazing LO!!!
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your is an absolutely talent! Very beautiful page!! Compliment and thank to play with us on Once Upon A Sketch! I'm your new happy follower! Rossella from Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat looking! Love the mix you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:35 AM

    very cool page. i love the turquoise :)

    Felicitas from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. xo no d

    LOL the word verification is sweatio...how did it know it was me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can also relate to this so much! This is just gorgeous Sharmane..I love your take on the sketch, the creative way you journalled, the artistic elements..Just wonderful. THANK YOU so much for playing along at Once Upon A..Sketch! xox Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely layout you did here and the previous post all the LOs are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is absolutely great! the picture is stunning and the journaling very touching. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Charmaine! Love how you have journaled directly on the photo - inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love this LO.. So striking!!!! Fantastic take on the sketch and so creative! Love your journalling too and how you have embraced it!! Wonderful to have you "Once Upon..."
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)