HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Thursday, October 11, 2012

International Day Of The Girl

Did you know that today, 11 October 2012, is the first EVER International Day of the Girl?
Because I am a Mum of girls today is important to me.
Everyday I am grateful for the education our girls receive and never take it for granted.
Everyday I am thankful for living in a country that allows equality.
Everyday Dave and I invest some of ourselves into our girls.
Everyday I wonder what our girls will become and encourage them to dream, discover and grow.
Everyday, that I do this, there are Mums across the world who fight suppression, inequality and poverty.
Everyday there are girls who do not get the same opportunities as our girls do.
Opportunities to learn, to play and the be.
I encourage you to read more about International Day of the Girl and join the Facebook page to raise your hand.
Because Girls are worth it!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)