HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sculpting Every Move You Compose A Symphony

Today is the end of a long weekend here in Australia
The June long weekend is when the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo is on in Brisbane
This time last year I was up there, soaking it all up
This year I’ve been appreciating all the photos that have been filtering through Facebook of the expo
I wasn’t there but two pieces of my creative work were
The first was this canvas, made for Scrapmatts 

IMG_9953

Each member of the design team was sent a canvas
We were told we could create anything but it had to contain a portrait 4x6 photo of ourselves
and, of course, scrapmatts
I did struggle with the making of the canvas
I struggled for many reasons
but then this quote struck a chord with me and what I was (and am) trying to do

IMG_9955

from there the rest just flowed
Each of the scrapmatts products then became an outpouring of my heart, my life and my creativity
So, like a where’s wally search,
you will see cogs inside a clock, showing how my day is run by many mechanisms (people) 
you will see many symbols of growth
you will see a bird OUT of it’s cage, free

IMG_9956

the bike on the clock, is how I am always driving from one place to another, running to time
the dress form flows into the photo, expressing my life as a Mum of girls

IMG_9957

I’ve used several mediums
Different paints, inks and mists
I’ve even used a scrapmatts as a stamp

I hope you see what I saw, as I created it
It’s my heart
It’s my art
and it was in Brisbane
Exposed… for all to see
Which is how I feel, as I share it with you now.
Because…
Creativity takes courage!
Hope you are inspired to create, share and be courageous.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. totally gobsmacked..i love everything....so many scrapmatts..lucky you pointed them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)