HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Monday, August 03, 2009

Pluggin’ Away :)

100_5964a

Do you like the tulips Dave surprised me with yesterday?
I have edited the photo with Picnik and have had a little bit of fun with some other photos I took yesterday.
We spent a much needed the day around home, apart from when we took the girls out for some shopping and lunch :) Elizabeth’s temp was still a little up and we all had sleep ins so the day was spent together and enjoying the day

Elizabeth decided to wear her red stockings and purple shoes, shhh I loved it :)

100_5923a

and I love Lucy’s legs in her dress with white trim

100_5931a

Today Lucy and I spent around home, not doing much and it felt like I had so much to do and needed to get done but didn’t achieve much at all…

Thought I would give the challenge at These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things a go

100_5947

Have had this photo lying around for a months and was glad to finally have the prompting to scrap it and tell ‘it’s’ story

  100_5952 

My mum had sent back, with Dad, a necklace for each of the girls. Lucy broke hers, not long after she got it, so I used it on this page :)

100_5951

Elizabeth seems all better but has taken a huge step back in her separation anxiety. She started getting upset before she got dressed this morning and it progressively got worse. So she is trying to be super brave tomorrow so she can add 2 stars to her chart, being that she didn’t get one today… We will see how the week progresses.

“my'” van gets new tyres in the morning, all in preparation for our trip next month oh and also because they are needed lol

Just talking to Mum on the phone so better go so the conversation is more than ‘mmm’ on my part :)

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. So sweet of Dave to give you the lovely flowers. Hope Elizabeth feels better tomorrow and earn more stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely way to spend the day. Jake and i did the same thing. it was also much needed.
    i love the pics of the girls feet.

    i love the layout and the story about your favorite flower.

    i'm sure Elizabeth will do much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope there are many stars in Elizabeth's future.

    I love the purple shoes. Especially with the red tights. That is one of my aunt's favorite color combinations and even wore them when she lived with the nuns as a child. Unfortunately, one of them told her that the only taste she had was in her mouth. She also used the combo for her son's graduation from dental school as the Uni's color was red and dental school color was purple. I loved it.

    Have a great tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! I am soooooooooooo soooooooooooo sooooooooooo HAPPY U played along with us!! Thanks Sharmaine!!!! I sooooooooooo LOVE your LO!!! LOVE the photo, the story, the stitching...and I love love love love the necklace ad-on!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):) And here are fingers and toes crossed for this week that Elizabeth earns LOTS and LOTS of stars this week! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:25 PM

    I love Proteas too, for the same reason you do! Love those red stockings, hope Elizabeth is ok tomorrow, Love Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:45 AM

    Wow..LOve your layout!Love the colors and your design,that picture is gorgeous and the journaling too!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a gorgeous LO!!! Love that flower and I love that touching story!!
    thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tulips! and I just adore all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tulips.....and the page is just stunning!!!!! Hoping Elizabeth has a better day tomorrow!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your Protea layout - I don't think I have actually ever seen one but they look beautiful. I love how you made the layout, especially the charms and that view from the side is so cool. thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tulips! my very favorite flower. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! Great photo, ♥ you color combo & all your cute embellies! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaawh! It's the second romantic thing I read about on my blog roundabout today! Don't you just love it when he brings you pretty flowers just because!!!

    Love your pics - love purple and red combo too! :)

    Your protea lo is stunning Sharmaine - love the story too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharmaine Thanks for the happy birthday messages. I looove Lucy's red tights purple shoe combo so cool. My Lucy has a style all of her own and I think you could call it "eclectic rainbow" she's way out there (when I let her choose her clothes) I hope Elizabeth gets well soon and I feel for you and her about the seperation issues, I know its hard and having to hide your emotions and stay strong so your children don't get upset is a hard part of motherhood and I can tell that you are a good mum. Belinda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... Those colors are beautiful on your fave flower layout.... So excited you could play along. What a sweet memory when you see that flower. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the challenge, this is absolutely gorgeous! thanks for playing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)