But my coffee buddy doesn’t get home till tomorrow
Wonder if he might buy me one then?
Ok so what did I transform this
See if you can guess as I tell you how I made it
So I took a paper coffee cup, I needed 2 for this so hence it’s better to have a coffee buddy but it’s not 100% necessary lol,
I stripped the paper cover off one of the cups
OHHHH naked paper coffee cup! HOW RUDE LOL
I then took the leg from an old pair of jeans, ones that the girls had worn thin, I laid the paper cover onto the fabric and I traced around the outline of the paper…. Hmmm what is she making??!!
I then cut out the fabric, stitched on some corrugated cardboard, sewed the ends of the fabric together and made a cover for the other ‘not stripped naked’ cup
Hmmm any ideas what I made yet???
I turned the cup upside down, slipped on the cover, added some Smiggle alpha stickers and made a….
Who’d have thought that a humble, ready-to-be-thrown-in-the-bin paper coffee cup could be turned into something as cool as a pin holder!!! Wow, genius me :) lol
I love the stick pins and seems I might just start collecting them just so I can completely fill the top of my new pin holder!
Also thought, that if you wanted to make on of these and were a little scared of hurting yourself on the underside of the cup, what you could do was fill the inside of the cup with more recycled goodness, like fabric etc, and then completely cover the hole up… Just a thought… But I haven’t put that thought into action so it’s still “just a thought” :) :)
Thanks girls :)
Here are the rules of this award
1. You can only use ONE word!!!
2. Pass this along to 5 of your favorite bloggers!
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. HAVE FUN!!!
1. Where is your cell phone? Here
2. Your hair? Natural
3. Your mother? Missed
4. Your father? Lonely
5. Your fave food? Eaten
6. Your dream last night? Didn’t
7. Your fave drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal? Sleep
9. What room are you in? Lounge
10. Your hobby? Scrap
11. Your fear? Titanic
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Alive
13. Where you were last night? Here
14. Something that you aren't? fit
15. Muffins? Blueberry/White Chocolate
16. Wish List Item? nope
17. Where did you grow up? Tasmania
18. Last thing you did? talked
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? off
21. Your Pets? none
22. Friends? missed
23. Your Life? FULL!
24. Your Mood? tired
25. Missing Someone? Dave
26. Vehicle? 2
27. Something your not wearing? shoes
28. Your fave store? none!
29. Your fave colour? any
30. Last time you laughed? tonight
31. Last time you cried? hmmmm
32. Your best friend? Dave
33. One place that I go to over and over? The car
34. One person who emails regularly? Do blog comments count?? Julie or Jocelyn and I love them for it!
35. Fave place to eat? anywhere
Been another hot day here today
Had to take Lucy to the Doctor
She has a viral infection which has caused ulcers on the underside of her tongue
Nasty looking ones they are too
So now we have some tongue cream and I have been told ‘it tastes YUCK’
Just something else to fill the day lol
Megan made this at school
I think it is the coolest pinch pot EVER!
I made it through the 3 hours of CSI last night
Won’t tell you I am tired
Cos I always am
But I did make this
The journaling and some yummy lime green Such Sweet Tierney buttons
Some Zing for the embossing some stamped circles
Some more American Crafts here
and other bits from the October Studio Calico kit
Started my Christmas Shopping today
Now to find time to put all the ideas into action and get some gifts made!
Right, jug has boiled so I am going to make me a cuppa and sip it while I talk to Dave on Skype :)
Almost bliss :)