HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Paint Some Red Up In The Sky

So many blog posts happening in my head.
So many things I want to share.
So bear with me as I share in dribs and drabs.
As I can…
This page was the result of a little playing
Trying something different
and guess what?!?
I ‘m going to share that with you!

IMG_0682

The background was created using a “Chickenwire Reversed” stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop
I’ve used texture paste, on kraft cardstock, over a stencil, to create the hexagons.
Then painted some of the hexagons with different mist colours.
I loved how it turned out.
Thought it was awesome.
But then worried that if I continued to “do something” with the paper
that the awesome might not be so awesome any more.
So I took a breath and cut around the shape and used it as my background.

IMG_0685

I love how it turned out.
I love the white.
I love the colour.
I love the kraft.

IMG_0687

I love these My Minds Eye button.

IMG_0688

and I really really do love the way this page turned out.
I’m really really  glad I stepped out of my comfort zone.
And I think my awesome is still awesome.
Do you need to step out of your comfort zone?
Do you have something awesome that could be even awesome-er if only you took a breath and jumped in?
What is holding you back?

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME. Love what came out of your head. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a similar position as I've had some time off work so have crafted loads now I just need to blog it. I like the effect of this stencil and the use of dymno - I just brought one today for a steal! Yay! Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:36 AM

    i just love using modeling paste. i love how you used it here. great, fun page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)