HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Friday, March 28, 2014

Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Masters Entry – Background

One of the projects for last year’s Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Masters competition
Involved creating your own background.

IMG_7835

I thought this page would be the easiest so I left it till last.
I really struggled trying to make a background that was unique.

IMG_7836

I attempted this page several times before settling on this one.

IMG_7837

I love background paper that has text on them so
I created my own using some Kraft cardstock, my printer and the trusty old program Word.

IMG_7838

I tried not the think too much after that, because I have learnt that thinking and creating don’t really mix well.

IMG_7839

I think this page was actually a turning point for me.

IMG_7840

As I came to realise what I like and don’t like in a background.
As I also came to realise (again) to stop overthinking and just create.

IMG_7834

 

Material List: Cardstock: Bazzill, Pattern Paper: Studio Calico, Alphas: American Crafts, Stickers: American Crafts,
Die Cuts: Elle’s Studio, Crate, American Crafts, Digital Cut Files: Cocoa Daisy, Silhouette Studio, Cutting Machine: Silhouette Cameo,
Glitter Cardstock: American Crafts, Wood Veneer: Studio Calico, Enamel Dots: My Mind’s Eye, Freckled Fawn,
Bottle Cap Stickers: Basic Grey, Card and Pocket: Pebbles, Doily: D-lish Scraps, Water Colour Paint: Micador, Ink: Cocoa Daisy,
Font: Franklin Gothic Medium Condensed, Adhesives: X-Press It Clear Gel Glue and X-Press It Double Sided Tape,
Other: Date Stamp, Thread, Machine Stitching.

 

Photobucket


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)